Sunday, February 11, 2007

overwhelmed

This weekend was our DNOW weekend at church. Disciple NOW is our in-town retreat for junior high and high school students. I have been a part of many DNOWs and I am yet again amazed at how God works through this weekend. God is HUGE. And if you don't think so, it is simply because you have not experienced Him. There is simply no denying it or getting around His Huge-factor. Students were loved on, taught and challenged. On an exterior level one might point to the many things we collected for Christway Mission as our highlight this weekend. And while I do give much praise and glory to God for the car, appliances, TVs, furniture, and money collected, I point to tonight as the biggest victory. Our students were given the opportunity to share in front of the big group what God had taught them this weekend. Wow. They shared from the depths of their hearts. They were so brave. How encouraged we all were to hear the many different ways God worked in their lives. Most touching to me was a girl who shared a very deep hurt in her life. I was moved to tears as my heart broke for her. I literally experienced heart pain with her. Has that ever happened to you? Have you ever felt pain in your own soul on behalf of another? I have. It seems to happen most when I intercede in prayer for others. Its as if God allows you to feel a little of what they're feeling so that you know how to pray for them. And for that reason I am okay dealing with some pain. We had a great weekend filled with laughter and truth and healing. It was awesome and it is such a privilege for me to be a part of what God is doing in the lives of students. My heart is full. There was purpose in this weekend. Not each one is like it, but I will cherish this one for a long time knowing that I got to see God's hand at work in our midst.

No comments: