Sunday, May 18, 2008

Support Letter for India

I decided I would share my support letter for India here. I mostly covet any prayers I can get. I hope it reads well because I had to save it as a .gif file to post it. We'll see.

At this point, I am only 3 weeks away from the big trip. I've had all my shots and survived that pretty well. I had no lingering effects nor did I get sick at all. I made my list of things to take, but I keep adding to it. I hope I can fit everything in the bag I am taking. I've had Indian food a few times now. While its not my favorite, I can honestly say I liked everything I've tried. Who knew? I also learned my first Hindi word. Namaste, which means "hello." I need to work on my pronunciation, but it's not too hard. I'll try it out on one of my co-workers tomorrow (he's Indian and speaks Hindi). We'll see what he says back. I probably won't know what it means. Anyway, the preparations are in motion and I am pumped and nervous at the same time. I am sure it will be great, but I also think I will see a lot of things very different from my normal life. It will be overwhelming, I am sure.

No comments: