Thursday, March 22, 2007

Pray a lot

Has anyone ever noticed that we tend to pray a lot more when we find ourselves in a crisis situation? I know for me I tend to pray a lot when I need God a lot. That is when I think I need God's help a lot. Truth of the matter is, I always need God's help a lot. What happens, I think is that things start to go okay, life clicks along, and I think I am the one making that happen. So, then I don't think I need God and I stop asking for His help. Bad thinking! I always need God's help and I always need to be praying a lot. Isn't that what 1 Thessalonians 5:17 tells us? I like the way The Message puts its, "pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. " No matter what happens - good or bad, pray. I do thank God for those times when I am moved to pray more. I may not like going through the situation at the time, but I never regret the closeness to Him that comes when I do.

No comments: